Sunday, January 3, 2010

Keeping that Corporate Journal

Every year I commemorate the New Year by briefing through free corporate diaries. Then I fill in the front page particulars, use it until March diligently, and then scribble some of my to-do lists here and there and then discard it in the middle of the year. Before I know it the year has ended so quickly and the memories of my work and homeschooling endeavours are left unrecorded in a journal that has become artwork of a toddler.
Every year, every year, every year. So here I am, at the beginning of 2010, with three corporate journals. My favourite is Alvin the Chipmunks, a free gift I received while hoarding donuts at Big Apple. I love it. It's cute and funky and will definitely keep my interest.
The problem is I know it will also attract the interest of two other little persons in this house. And as much as I know it will be ripped up if I give it to either one of them, I also know it will not last long when one of them catches a glimpse of its colouful exterior and interior. I guess I will make it a point to visit Big Apple and hoard another 24 donuts or so for another journal so both toddlers receive one each.
In the mean time, I'll continue using the boring, grown-up one by a real-estate company and make another resolution to maintain it until the end of this year. I hope the year doesn't go by so quickly.

2 comments:

  1. i lost mine last year during my school's reunion. so much of being professional in bring along my organizer everywhere i go. lost all the business cards inside it as well but luckily many of the mobile numbers already save in my phone. So here I am again similar like you want to keep organizing myself with new free organizer too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound familiar. I think I know you. ANd I probably know what journal you are using. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete