Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More or Less Effective

The troops had a field day today. Once in a while we bring the kids out, as in - not grocery shopping or necessary outings -for fun, so they can run around in new places. You don't need much to please a bunch of toddlers and alhamdulillah it went well.

I can't say we're not exhausted though. Sunway Pyramid is quite far away from where we are and after the millionth time of being asked "Where is the pyramid?," after the likes of "Why are we in a parking lot and not a pyramid," "Where is the baby camel like in Wonderpets," and "So, where is the oasis," I'm pretty happy to be back, alhamdulillah. That was after the "I don't want to go home,"s and "I want to play some more"s.

I could say we're pretty effective in planning our outings but there's room for improvement. And I'm sure it pays to improve, having to deal with the "Where is pyramid, Mama, where, where, where?" over and over again.

Umm R from Ummi Homeschools Me recommended The Seven Habits of Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. She told me to read it, absorb it and practice it. I'm going to listen to her because I love her blog and admire at how organised and calm she always is mashaallah. It certainly sounds like a treasury for WAHMs.

Luckily I have a copy of that book in my haphazard library. But before all the reading and absorbing, I have to find it first, vacuum the dust off of it and try to read it while the monsters scale the walls and scribble on the floor.

Hmmm... I'm sure it will be worth the read. Especially if I do become more effective.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Sister.

    I love effetiveness and I love the Seven Habits of Highly Effective people. Believe me, it is worth a read.

    Though, you need to absorb it - like how ur friend advised. The practice .... it will come naturally. There is that magnetism it creates that everytime you want to do things its way.

    Even when mine is torn apart from my kid's pulls, I never fail to turn the pages. Maybe, I start to think of having a new one.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete